• Personal Information to specifically identify an individual, such as a customer’s name, address, telephone number or email address. It also includes demographic information, such as date of birth, gender, geographic area, and preferences, when such information is linked to other personal information that identifies the individual.
• Aggregate Information that we collect about a group or category of products, services or customers, from which individual customer identities have been removed. In other words, information about how you use a service might be collected and combined with information about how others use the same service, but no personal information will be included in the resulting data.
We collect personal information from you at several different points on our website. In general, we use personal information for the purpose for which it was collected (such as to provide services, and to anticipate and resolve problems with our website and our products and services); for our own internal business operations; to respond to customer support inquiries; and for other purposes as described below.
• When you register to become a member on our website, you are asked to enter your email address and create a unique password, and are required to give certain personal information (such as your name and post code).
• Information you provide during registration might be used to provide services you have requested, or to otherwise fulfil your request.
• Additionally, your registration information might be used, together with other information you submit to us in conjunction with your use of the website, for the following purposes:
○ for editorial purposes, such as when you submit a recipe to us (e.g., to attribute your submitted recipe to you);
○ to contact you for any reason regarding content you have submitted to the website (e.g., to ask you a question about a recipe you have submitted).
• Any information that is not personally identifiable information but is publicly displayed on the website (such as user name and photos) might appear in the results of searches conducted on Internet search engines while you are a member of cookbuzz and potentially for some time period after your membership is terminated, depending upon the search engine’s indexing practices.
We collect personal information when you submit comments, questions or suggestions to our customer service department. We use the information you provide to respond to your submission or to fulfil your requests.
• Web beacons: We use web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, invisible GIFs, 1-by-1 GIFs, and web bugs) on our website to monitor the effectiveness of advertising and for other lawful purposes. These web beacons do not collect personally identifying information about you on our website.
• Log files: We track log files on our website (i.e., we log your computer’s IP address into our log files when you visit a page on our website) and use them to analyse trends; administer the website; track your movements on the website; and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We use and disclose information about you for our own internal statistical, design, or operational purposes, such as to estimate our audience size, measure aggregate traffic patterns, and understand demographic, user interest, purchasing and other trends among our users.
We use reasonable security measures to store and maintain personally identifying information so as to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by unauthorised parties while it is under our control.